Want to get more involved?
Act on the next steps
NEXT STEPS – URGENTLY REQUIRED BEFORE JANUARY 27, 2023
1. WRITE TO THE CITY OF TORONTO’S INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE
Your letter must be received by infrastructure no later than January 27, 2023 – the earlier a letter is
received the more time the Mayor and the councillors will have time to read them.
Email addresses to be used –
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy to all other committee members: Councillor_Burnside@toronto.ca; email@example.com;
Councillor_Morley@toronto.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; Councillor_Saxe@toronto.ca
SUBJECT LINE – E.28.7 Cycling Network Plan – VOTE NO TO CYCLE TRACK ON MIDTOWN YONGE ST.
CONTENT – list your concerns in your own words and add pictures of your experiences on Yonge
2. REGISTER TO SPEAK AT THE IEC MEETING ON JANUARY 30 TH
There is a GREAT NEED for many to speak at the IEC meeting. The cycle lobby will turn out in full force,
so we need to do so as well.
HOW – .
– Please book January 30th in your calendar 9:30 – 11:30
– You can speak by video or in-person. “Committee Room #1, City Hall.
– You must register by 4:30 the day before, that is Friday, January 27 th
– They will allow all people who register to speak.
– The limit to speak is 3 minutes/speaker. The website may indicate you can speak for 5 minutes –
– You can use parts of your letter to explain your points
Present directly to a committee of City Council about specific agenda items during a scheduled meeting.
Presenters are not heard at meetings of City Council, unless there is a legislated requirement to do so.
Please register to speak by contacting the committee email listed on the relevant committee page. We
request that you register by 4:30 p.m. the day before the meeting. If there is a meeting room provided
with the agenda, you have the option to make your presentation in-person or by video conference.
Please indicate your preference in your request to speak.
For your convenience, each agenda item has a “Request to Speak” button that can be used to submit a
request to speak on the item you are viewing.